>
YAMAHA
STRINGS
SS-30
RACK-MOUNTED WITH MIDI
MIDI STRINGS

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spec reset.

Over the years, I've been thinking I should really make this project easier to finish.

The two main issues have been the awkward meachnics of fitting the original switches and knobs and the challenge of conjouring up a 49 output, velocity sensitive MIDI decoder.

The meachnics iossue could be resolved at stroke by moving to a set of new off the shelf compoenents.

Similarly there are several polyphonic MIDI decoders available from one company or another.

Therefore, I will continue this project on a simplest is best principle in order to finish it sooner rather than never.



j-Omega Electronics make a reasonabley priced MIDI decoder that will meer my needs.

j-Omega Electronics MPT8

The MPT8 has 64 outputs in an open-collector 'pull-down' arrangement. I'll be pulling up, from -7V, but to ground which is okay.

No comments :